Mizoram Board of School Education
Established in in 1975, The Mizoram Board of School Education (MBSE) is an autonomous governmental body for academic administration in Mizoram, India, having its jurisdiction from elementary to higher secondary education. It has the power to regulate, supervise and control school education in Mizoram.
Its primary function is to prepare academic programmes and organise examinations, especially for state level High School Leaving Certificate (HSLC) and Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate (HSSLC). From 2012, the board also conducts State Technical Entrance Examination (STEE) for entry into technical courses such as engineering, medicine, veterinary science, pharmacy, nursing, homoeopathy, and dentistry.
Functions of MBSE
- Provides recognition to schools and institutes, and also monitors their administrative work
- Maintains quality education by prescribing curricular structure and recommending textbooks
- Takes the responsibility of conducting exams and publishes results
- Maintains co-ordination with the state government for any educational matters
- Motivates students and as well as teachers by conducting interactive programs
- Prescribes syllabus for its regular and vocational courses
- Regulates examinations for both regular and private candidates
The exams conducted by MBSE are
- High School Leaving Certificate (HSLC)
- Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate (HSSLC)
- State Technical Entrance Examination